Leasing & Licensing
We provide advice on leases and licenses for a variety of commercial, industrial, retail and office properties. Whether the lease or license arises as an aspect of a sale of business, a franchise agreement or as part of the ordinary course of your business, Armstrong Lawyers are experienced in acting for landlords, tenants, licensors and licensees.
Legal Services for Landlords and Licensors
Letter of Offer or Agreement to Lease
The letter of offer or agreement to lease is crucial in outlining the main terms and conditions that will be included in the lease or license agreement between the parties.
If you engage Armstrong Lawyers early on in the process, you will receive the benefit of a carefully considered and prepared letter of offer or agreement to lease for the prospective tenant.
Advice and assistance
Once the main terms have been agreed to, Armstrong Lawyers will provide advice in relation to:
- drafting any Agreement to Lease, Lease or Licence Agreement;
- disclosure and other obligations under the relevant rules and legislation (such as the Retail Leases Act 2003 and the Retail Leases Regulations 2003); and
- general matters including practical guidance throughout the process.
Legal Services for Tenants and Licensees
Advice and assistance
When you engage Armstrong Lawyers to help you with a prospective lease or license agreement, we will obtain your instructions and carefully review the documents. Our experienced lawyers will then:
- advise you on your rights and obligations under the Lease or Licence Agreement (such as in respect of fit out, outgoings and make good provisions);
- propose and seek to negotiate amendments in your favour under the Lease or Licence Agreement;
- highlight planning issues (such as zoning or council permits and liquor license requirements);
- highlight other due diligence matters and areas of concern; and
- provide you with valuable practical guidance.
Free initial advice
For obligation free, no cost initial legal advice:
- call us on 134 134; or
- email us at email@example.com
Click here to find answers to frequently asked questions in respect of Leasing & Licensing